Friday, January 7, 2011

"Our EPT?"

Interesting post from the Windy City Wiz, but I'm wondering if I agree with him.

I think that there are new and original things being done that haven't been done before.  The Wiz claims that Raggi is an ass but respects him for what he is doing with his products.

How about Al's Warriors of the Red Planet?  (Yes, I know I linked to the blog, but, in case you are not aware, that blog is supporting a game that Al will be releasing (hopefully) this spring.)

I know that there are others out there, and a few are mentioned in the comments following the Wiz's post.

My feeling is that there is a lot of stuff going on that is interesting.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed! I think there's lots of stuff brewing, but since we're since the vast majority of us are hobbyists the gestation period for these types of projects is longer than a full-time publisher. It just takes longer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's also Mutant Future, Starships & Spacemen, Hoodlums & Hideouts and my little entry of Pars Fortuna, as well as the Mystery Men! project I'm working on. There's plenty of interesting things out there that use the old school engine to do things, and in my opinion plenty of room for more clones as well. The more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm stuck on the subtle contradiction implied by "Our EPT". Where is our original contribution that can only be defined in terms of product from 30 years ago? Wouldn't that be a retread? I would guess that a truly "original" thing with the accreted stature of EPT wouldn't even be recognizable to us know if we saw it today.

    ReplyDelete