Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sales Figures - For Another

My density knows no bounds.  I only just a few days ago realized that John Stater over at Land of Nod is pursuing the publishing thing in a big way.  Yes, I've come across his blog a few times, but for whatever reason have never spent much time there (Sorry, John!).  That's not to say that I wasn't impressed with his stuff--it's just that I always had other things to be reading.

Anyway, just a little while ago, he posted this.  (In case you didn't follow that link, it was a November Sales Report for his material.)  As someone who dabbles in the publishing side of things, I really appreciate his willingness to put out these numbers.  In my opinion, it would be fantastic if everyone who is putting out material, from those who are one step above amateurs to those who are one step below professionals, would publish their sales results.

A lot of the blogs that we are all familiar with are written by people who are also publishing material--seems to me they could all be making posts like this.  Obviously, there is nothing that says that they have to do so, and I understand that people value their privacy, etc, etc.  But I can't, for the life of me, come up with a good reason not to put out that information.

So, John, thanks for doing that.

If anyone is interested, here are his Sales Reports from the beginning:

June.

July.

August.

September.

October.

...

I figured that I would also post my historical sales figures--if only to demonstrate how well John is doing for himself.

I posted the first of my own Sales Reports back in January.  You can read it here.

But it now seems that how ever dense I thought I was before completely missed the mark:  I posted an updated Sales Report in July.  You can read it here.  If you want to understand embarassment, read the first sentence of the July Sales Report, then read this current post again.

Um, yeah.  Sorry, John.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to put the info out there, especially if it helps folks thinking about self publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now I'm REALLY confused. Is it John Stater or is it Matt?

    ReplyDelete