Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Map Roundup - 27 October 2010

It has been a LONG while since I've done one of these, and I know that I have missed a lot of wonderful map-related posts out their in the blogosphere.  I am going to try to rectify that.

First, let's start with a post from the Greyhawk Grognard about some City of Greyhawk maps.  I really like the look of these.  Simple, black and white line drawn--right up my alley.  And here, he talks about a game called Tactics II, which I admit to having never heard of.  BUT the post does include numerous photos of a map of that game. 

Zak S is working on a new project and has started doing maps for them.  Here are two posts with some nice maps included: One and Two.  Better yet, he then goes on, in this post, to describe why he thinks maps like these are useful.  He doesn't say anything that hasn't been said before elsewhere, but his points remain valid.

A decent map will show the relationships (whether spacial or temporal) between locations in an adventure.  A better map will describe the relationships between locations.  The best maps will show those relationships as a baseline and include other information to make using them even easier!

Grognardia has a post about maps, specifically maps that may or may not have been created by Dr. J. Eric Holmes.  My only wish is that the maps be larger for actual viewing.  Oh well...

...

And now for something completely NOT about maps.  This really great blog has just come across my radar screen, and I really dig it.  I think that I'll be spending some time there, perusing the images.  Really cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment